Candy Crush is the sweetest addiction to hit our smartphones this year, by far. It’s a huge time sink and despite being immensely frustrating in the later levels, people just can’t stop playing.
In many ways, Candy Crush is just like real life, with 8 lessons we can use four our day-to-day lives.
- Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get lucky with a good board, sometimes you don’t. Deal with it.
- Persistence is the key to success. If you persist long enough, one of these days you are bound to get it right somehow. Or get lucky. Or both.
- Ask friends for help when you need it. You’ll be surprised at how many are able and willing.
- Help friends as much as you can. Life is all about give and take after all.
- There will not always be friends who can help you out. It happens. Suck it up and wait.
- You won’t always understand what’s going on. That’s fine, you’re not expected to.
- Chocolate is evil. It will mess things up.
- Life is equal parts fun and frustrating. It is full of challenges every step of the way, yet it can also be sweet and colorful!
Habang nagba-browse ako ng mga sulat ko sa internet, nakita ko to, post ko nung November 2010. Im so proud of myself, kasi nakapagsulat pala ako ng ganito at nagawa ko yung mga bagay na nakasulat dito.
Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 3:41pm
Love is like driving down the hill, in the middle of the night, on flat tires, lights busted and breaks not working. Its never been a smooth ride, so many humps, turns and curves, it will hurt you and make you feel like hitting the wall blind-folded, but you’d rather take the ride than not at all.
BASE NGAYONG MGA NAKARAANG ARAW, SOBRANG DAMI NG NAREALIZE KO:
1) Pag meron kang mahal sa buhay, dapat wag kang magpapalampas ng kahit isang araw na hindi niya malalaman na importante siya sa buhay mo. Wag kang magpapalampas ng kahit isang araw na para malaman niya kung gano kalaki yung bahagi niya sa puso mo. Dahil pag hindi mo nasabi mga nararamdaman mo, sobrang pagsisisihan mo.
2) Kahit kailan hindi magandang magtanim ng galit sa kapwa, but at some point looking at the brighter side, yung galit minsan ay motivation para mag move-on. Kasi hanggat hindi natin nagagawang magalit sa taong yun, kahit papano, mananatili tayong tanga. Isa sa pinakamahirap na gawin ng isang tao at ng isang nagmamahal ay yung sanayin yung sarili na nasasaktan ka na lamang, na nagmumuka kang kaawa-awa. When we get used to the pain at sanay na tayo dun,papano tayo pahahalagahan ng susunod na tao na nagmamahal satin kung tayo mismo wla ng respeto sa sarili natin. Kaya respect. Respect. Respect.ﭢ
3) Not every good things in life will remain forever. You have to say goodbye at certain good things sa buhay mo. At sana pag nawala ang mga good things sa buhay na yan, you still have the power and guts para makita what was good in it. Minsan kasi pag umiiyak tayo, kala natin katapusan na ng mundo. Hindi natin alam there is something good about it. Ika nga ni Popoy “Baka kaya tayo iniiwan ng mga taong mahal natin kasi baka merong bagong darating na mas okay, na mas mamahalin tayo. Yung taong di tayo sasaktan at papaasahin, yung nagiisang tao na magtatama ng mali sa buhay natin… ng lahat ng mali sa buhay natin”.
4) Pakawalan mo ang mga bagay na nakakasakit sayo kahit na pinapasaya ka nito. Wag ng hintayin yung araw na sakit na lang ang nararamdaman mo at iniwan ka na ng kasiyahan mo. Masarap magmahal, kaya piliin mo ang taong mamahalin mo.
5) Higit sa lahat, mahalin mo sarili mo. Minsan kasi, sa sobrang inamahal mo yung isang tao wula ng natitira para sa sarili mo. Dapat magtira naman kahit papano. Maraming tao naman sa mundo, at for sure sobrang dami ng nagmamahal sayo. Hindi mo lang nakikita dahil sa kanya lang tumatakbo buong buhay mo. Wag ganun. ﭢ
Confessions is a public art project that invites people to anonymously share their confessions and see the confessions of the people around them in the heart of the Las Vegas strip.
1. Unimagined, real world life experiences.
The most prolific experience is not in achieving something, but in seeking it. It is the journey towards an endless horizon that matters – goals that move forward with you as you chase them. It’s all about the pursuit and what you learn along the way – the ‘moving.’
The most important reason for moving from one place to another is to see what’s in between. In between is where passions are realized, love is found, strength is gained, and memories are made. You can’t get any of that without firsthand living.
2. True love and vulnerability.
You are subconsciously hardwired to connect with others – friendship, love, intimacy, etc. – and your willingness to be vulnerable is the gateway to the affection you crave from them. But it takes serious courage to push the limits of your vulnerability, to dig deeper and deeper into the core of who you are as a unique individual and not only love and accept the imperfect parts of yourself but also expose them to someone else, trusting that this person will hold them considerately.
Ultimately, to love is to be vulnerable, and to be willingly vulnerable is to show your greatest strength and your truest self. Finding and nurturing the right relationships that make this kind of love possible is a beautiful, lifelong process.
3. Actually staying positive when times get tough.
You are allowed to have bad days. Even the happiest people in the world have bad days. The reason they are able to maintain their happiness is that they know bad times are short-lived. The weight of mistakes, the pain of rejection, the frustration of failure, and the aches of injuries fuel the happy instead of dragging them down. They know these events are making them wiser and stronger. Happiness isn’t a temporary state of mind. Happiness is an enduring faith that what goes around comes around. It’s a lifestyle that requires acknowledging that you are willing to do the work to make tomorrow a better day.
In any situation, it’s not your specific circumstances that shape you, it’s how you react to your circumstances. You can’t direct the wind, but you can always adjust your sails. When it rains look for rainbows, when it’s dark out, look for stars. Making a habit of this takes time and practice, but the positive effects will change the trajectory of your life.